Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) "Training Servers to Serve
NEW HAPPY HOUR LAW EFFECTIVE 7/15/2015 IN COOK COUNTY
GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL TRAINING CLASSES IN CLASS AND ONLINE
The Beverage Alcohol and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program is the State of Illinois seller/server educational program which follows the licensing and regulatory guidelines of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ICC).
The BASSET approach is designed to encourage sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages to serve responsibility and stay within the law.We will provide you with a (4) hour training curriculum using Serv/Safe Alcohol educational materials covering important areas such as:
- Alcohol Law and Your Responsibility
- Recognizing and Preventing Intoxication
- Checking Identification
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Evaluating Real World Scenarios
BASSET training is mandatory in most of The State of Illinois, however some municipalities (such as the city of Chicago) and counties (Cook County) do require BASSET education and require training for ALL their personnel including bartenders and security staff.
Some of the benefits of BASSET are the following:
- Reducing of an establishments liquor liability and insurance
- Increase of your staffs awareness of behavioral changes caused by intoxication and how to address them.
- Provide them with preventive skills to avoid unsafe or tragic consequences caused by alcohol or drug abuse.
- The security/ID rules needed to provide safe and legal service of alcohol beverages
All class costs include textbooks, training materials and exam. We can provide on site or off site training for you..
Class Fee for ServSafe onsite class $60.00 per person
Online Class Fee- $ 19.95